Thursday, December 10, 2009

death...

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="420" caption="Native American funeral"]Native American funeral[/caption]

My friend's grand mother died yesterday so I called her in Guadeloupe. We had a great chat. She said that granma' was 92 and was tired of not being able to move and do thing on her own. She had to have people bathing and changing her. She just decided to stop eating until she died. She died in a hospital bed.

So I told my friend that I would probably do the same thing were it me in that position but, I told her, if she's around, to make sure not to leave me in the hospital. I want to die looking at the sunset over the ocean.

3 comments:

RoseMary said...

wow. what a deep post. yeah, sun and ocean, mos def.

jeanjoel said...

yeah, right?

Frederic said...

you better move closer to the ocean, or the view you'll see will be the Mississippi over a beach of silt... Just sayin' :)